We are a team of high-caliber creatives, strategic thinkers and tenacious problem solvers. Never rusty. A tad quirky… and always a blast to work with. Meet the crew:
Rusty George | Creative Principal
Rusty applies over 25 years of creative wisdom to supervise a team of highly-skilled artists and thinkers producing compelling brand experiences for a variety of clientele. When not guiding clients through the studio's brand process, he can be found speaking at any number of regional conferences on the importance of telling a strong story through visual communications.
Secret To the Universe: It’s held together by duct tape.
Carlos Lozano | Art Director
Carlos is an impressively diverse art director & designer who pushes his team to develop solutions that are visually exciting and innovative. His multidisciplinary skill set was honed while working with some of the top names in the fight sports industry where he unleashed creative that packed a serious punch and sometimes a kick. He is fueled by an aggressive intake of coffee, self criticism, and the need to deliver the best creative for the client and their audience no matter what. He is also accepting donations to take a sweet vacation to Bali.
Secret To the Universe: Failing Upwards
Hana Kato | Creative
Hana’s life as a creative first came to light when her school district offered to purchase her rendition of a Matisse painting while she was in 6th grade — an offer she refused. While attending Western Washington Universities’ design program, Hana developed a solid foundation in visual thinking and critical analysis. Eventually she made her way down to Tacoma, where she chased her dreams of merging design and social justice by working for Tacoma Community House. Hana brings to the table a background in nonprofit marketing, solid design skills, expertise in UX and front-end programming, and an endless capacity for learning and drinking tea.
Secret To the Universe: Dancing
Julie Burr | Strategist
Julie cut her teeth as an account coordinator, and has been in the biz longer than she would like to admit. Her on-the-job education and jump-into-the-deep-end business approach have driven marketing strategies for companies ranging from small business consultants to Fortune 500 companies. Part marketer, part runner, part self-contained energy source, Julie brings marketing strategy to life (and she's one heckuva bowler).
Secret To the Universe: Enthusiasm is contagious.
Chris Cowan | Account Manager
Chris is our good'ol boy from the eastside of the mountains. He used his creative passion to land himself a corporate gig in T-Town more than 10 years ago. Since then he ditched the tie and now uses his real world design and production experience combined with his johnny-on-the-spot personality as the perfect ingredients for awesome account management. This big-daddy of two is a multi-tasking master!
Secret To the Universe: May the force be with you.
Matt Elbon | Creative
Matt’s experience as a designer goes back to his youth – drawing all over his grade school homework instead of completing it. He moved to Washington from Iowa to attend Seattle Central College to hone his skills and learn multiple creative disciplines. It was the fire from a particular agency that forged him into a design powerhouse. When he’s not herding pixels, he can found spending time with his family here in T-Town.
Secret To the Universe: Maniacal Laughter
Looking for | Account Manager
The Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The AM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the AM will should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
- Reviews all major deliverables (i.e. strategic brief, creative, etc.) to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- Owns the contract and contract renewals for new work for an existing client.
- Approves change orders and invoices, and is responsible for payment collections.
- Works closely with the project team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and easily acclimate to evolving processes and timelines.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Continually aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Reports to the Lead Account Manager, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Account management experience at an agency or within related field preferred
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- 3-5+ years of marketing and/or promotion agency experience
- Extremely detail oriented
- Technical competence (proficient in Microsoft Office and have competence to grasp our agency time-management software (EasyProjects))
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Proactive with ideas, diligent with follow-through, planning and managing timelines/ workflow, updating team on project developments
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising, with a solid grasp of fundamentals in marketing and advertising
If you feel you are suitable for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Please include your name and a position title in the subject line (i.e. “Account Manager – John Doe”).
PLEASE NOTE: E-mailed or physically mailed correspondence only. An automatically sent link from your Linked In profile displays a lack of initiative unworthy of our ideal candidate and will be immediately discarded. Unsolicited phone calls are not appreciated. Thank you!
Kitura George | Operations Manager
Kitura is a super-organized, uber-detailed, list-making, budget watching asset to the company. She also happens to be the wife of the infamous Rusty George. Her past work-including wedding planning and community relations-make her an expert at keeping us focused on the big picture.
Secret To the Universe: Confidence is like lip gloss, all you have to do is put it on.
Leah Ettenhofer | Creative
The youngest member of the design team, Leah earned her place by interning at RGC. Her performance showed skill and innovation and she gained a position even before graduating from the Art Institute of Seattle. Since then, her design skills have grown to include web design and front-end development. When she’s not staring at a computer screen, she likes to go to the gym and lift heavy things, and put them back down again.
Secret To the Universe: Read more books. Have better grammar. Win.
Jacquelyn Marcella | Traffic Manager
Jacquelyn ensures that all projects follow an orderly and timely flow through the shop. Surrounded by a team of big picture visionaries and high-level thinkers, she knows it’s all in the details and works to make sure even the “small stuff” isn’t overlooked. She occasionally takes a break from her relentless focus on meeting deadlines to master the precise art of baking cookies.
Secret To the Universe: When in doubt, add garlic.
Crissy Pagulayan | Account Manager
Crissy's experience in account management includes working in agencies small and large from the beautiful Pacific Northwest to the Isle of Hawaii. Her role is to be the main point of contact for you. She schedules internal and external meetings, manages project budgets and timelines and acts as your advocate when allocating shop resources. When she is not leading a team of stellar account managers, you can find her giving pony rides to her preschooler, feeding her baby, making dinner for her husband and walking the dog…all at the same time.
Secret To the Universe: Jazz hands
Chris McInerney | Creative Director
Chris brings over two decades of experience of creating award winning brands, packaging, web and interactive experiences. He has worked with companies ranging from boutique wineries to Fortune 100 corporations. When he’s not busy solving the world’s design problems, you can find him cruising in his classic convertible truck.
Secret To the Universe: Design is a good idea
Sir Winston | Ruler on High
Some think Sir Winston’s main responsibility is keeping the floor clear of spilled popcorn. Others think it’s his alerting the team of any nefarious activities out the back window. But we all know his main purpose is to be included on our website as one of the team members in order to annoy haters who think having dogs on a creative agency website is passé. Woof. woof.
Secret To the Universe: Begging